Thursday, May 31, 2007

Damn, damn, damn

1. Our only car died.

2. It died as I was on the way to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee speak. I had been looking forward to going to this thing for months. I am quite disappointed.

3. My daughter is being medically discharged from the Air Force tomorrow and without a car I have no way of getting to the airport to pick her up. About this, I am panicky.

Life just never gets easy, does it?

Assorted other crappy things happened within the last 24 hours - those are just the three crappiest. Right now I wish I could crawl in a hole and just wait for this to all pass.

The only tiny piece of serenity I could summon today involved discovering, down deep in the needle drawer, a set of 10-inch size-0 double points. I didn't know I had them, don't remember buying them, don't remember why I bought them, don't remember if I ever began the project for which they were intended... but never mind all that. They are here.

Bohus time.

My size-1 circulars aren't in yet, so I may have to put the Bohus down for a bit after I get the collar ribbing done. Which should be tonight.

But that's OK. Today, I have two inches of wonderful, soft, soothing, mindless ribbing to work through.

Today, those are fine qualities indeed.

No comments: