Friday, May 18, 2007

The Anti-Swatch Sock

For now I have given up trying to make the sock in my head match the sock on my needles. Right now I have plenty of aggravation in my life. (Including a cat trying to sit on my lap. She's making it very difficult to type. I've tried politely suggesting she sit elsewhere. I've also tried flinging her off my lap, several times if you want to be a stickler for accuracy. But Madame Snotcat will Not Be Denied.)

By the time I'd ripped out the third swatch and started in on the fourth, I had gauge down cold - thank god for small favors, eh? So on the fourth go-round I decided to just keep on a-goin'. Now about halfway down the leg of the first sock, no particular plan in mind other than a decent color scheme, just knitting along in whatever pattern seems like a good idea at the time. I'll take a picture later. Life is good.

Alas, nothing else will be accomplished sockwise today, or tomorrow. The Jamaica Fiber Festival is tomorrow, I'm one of the vendors, and I've just realized I'm nowhere near ready. Tons 'o' stuff to do, not enough time to do it. It's only 8 a.m. and already I could use a nap.

Off to bust some rocks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a lovely and profitable day of vending at the Jamaica Fiber Fest. Happy rock splitting...or was that sock knitting?!