Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Quick hits

1. The "real" Bohus is in play. I'm about two inches into the colorwork, and so far I love it beyond all reason. The colors are so vibrant they look like they're backlit. And the yarn is sooooo wonderfully soft. I knit for a bit, then stop to pet it like a small fuzzy animal.

Progress is thus slow, but that's OK. Knitting pleasure of this purity must be savored.

2. Still slogging away on spinning up the Ashland Bay top. Two pounds takes awhile. Sigh.

3. Dyed a dozen skeins of sock yarn. It all came out really well, which is unusual. Generally at least one skein turns out not according to plan. This time, it's all good, baby. Hope to get pics onto Etsy within a day or so, and will post some pics here too.

4. Fussing around with blending some fawn Shetland with chocolate Angora from my bunny. Spun a test swatch at more or less fingering weight. So far, I am well pleased. At the moment I'm considering using this blend for the body of the handspun Bohus, adding silk only to the yoke.

Or, I could use only Shetland and colored Angora, no silk at all. And no dye. A Bohus done in all natural shades of wool and bunny is an alluring concept.

More research is needed.

No comments: