Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yarn Harlot tomorrow!

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka the Yarn Harlot, is going to be speaking at Webs in Northampton tomorrow night. I am so there! Her books have made me laugh on days when I would have thought that was not possible.

For those of you who have read her books or blog, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, well, good heavens. Get thee to a bookstore.

According to Webs, the pre-event attendance estimate exceeds the number of people who showed up for her big book launch in NYC. I'm guessing that means there will be over 800 knitterly souls in attendance. How cool is that???

In other news, the twoish pounds of commerically dyed top I'm slogging my way through is turning out pretty well. We had a conversation, during which it made its goals clear to me - it hopes to become a sweaterjacket. This was surprising, and a little worrisome. I think a sweaterjacket will require more like two and a half or three pounds. I may have to order more, which is silly given how much fleece of various kinds I have in this house. Sigh. I can only hope that by the time I get through the first couple of pounds it will have changed its mind.

And yes, I do talk to fleece. And yarn. Don't you?

1 comment:

Knitted Gems said...

Oh, by all means, listen to the yarn. It knows what it is talking about. If you are running out of yarn, skip the sleeves. You'll end up with a cute jacket-vest. Have fun knitting!