Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bohus addendum

Husband is off at a 10-K race in Bennington to benefit the victims in Darfur. I don't expect him back for a couple of hours.

So what do I do when The Man isn't around to supervise? Do I do the responsible thing and clean or cook or work on the chicken cage or any of a dozen things I can think of that need doing in the worst possible way?

Of course not.

I carded a test batt for the Bohus. The sheen thing got the better of me - after a couple of false starts, I wound up doing a 33-33-33% blend of superfine Merino, Angora and silk.

All I can say is, oh, my god. If angels wear sweaters, this is the fiber blend they're made of.

Now to spin a swatch and see if I can do the batt justice.

Update on the update: Cute sexy husband came in third in his age group in the race. He's stoked. However, the t-shirts they handed out misspelled the word "atrocities," which to me - a former professional editor and lifelong spelling and grammar snot - pretty much negates the whole thing.

I will, however, keep this opinion to myself.

Maybe.

No comments: