Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cripes

Once upon a time, many years ago, I had a different life.

In that life, I was a journalist. An editor, in fact, working for one of the largest, most respected newspapers in the country. It was interesting, and challenging, and exciting, and very very stressful.

About five years ago, I retired from that life, and moved onto this one. However, a few remnants of that life followed me, including a rollicking good case of repetitive stress injury.

It's one of those things that will never go away entirely, at least not without without surgery. And the surgery for my type of RSI is not an exact science - the chances that they'd make things worse not better run around 30%, which to me seems like a poor bargain. Anyway, now that I'm not spending 10 hours a day typing, most of the time it's not troublesome.

Sometimes it is, and now is one of those times.

No knitting for me, at least not much. No spinning, either.

All is OK, though. I'm fooling around with some natural dyeing, which is fun in a serendipitous mad scientist sort of way. It's not knitting, but it's enough of a fiber fix to keep me from seeing giant spiders on the walls.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you healthy hands, Ms. Lisa Socks. Am looking forward to seeing what comes out of all your wonderful dyeing...beware tho'...dyeing IS incredibly addictive...in a nice sort of way.