Friday, June 29, 2007

Sock it to me

More pictures!

Monkey socks, in progress. My own hand-dyed yarn. It's hard to see the stitch pattern in this picture - shoulda stretched the fabric a bit to give it some definition - but it's there, honest.


And just to show you that I do occasionally finish things, rotten hands or not, my lace girly girl socks. These were actually done awhile ago, I was just too disgusted with our old camera to take a picture. This is my Standard Sock Recipe No. 1 with ridged feather and fan stitch.

2 comments:

KimT said...

socks look great. do you use dpns of circulars. I have tried with dpns, but my eyes are not the best so I having a hard time with socks. But I really want to do some!

Unknown said...

Call me old-fashioned, but I use dpns. I've done socks on two circs and magic loop but always felt like there were too many little wires and cords and strings to contend with. Which is funny 'cause I use circs for almost everything - except socks.

Know what you mean about trouble seeing. I'm at an age where reading glasses are becoming a necessity for anything done on teensy needles. Sigh.

But, here in Vermont it gets frosty in the winter, so I often make a heavier sock using worsted weight wool and a US No. 3 or 4 needle. I have been known to make even fatter socks on occasion - I've done 'em on anything up to a US No. 10. No eyestrain there! It might be something for you to consider. Unless of course you live in Hawaii, in which case maybe not so much ;-)