Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Disappearing pictures!

What the hell??? I posted a picture yesterday, of Frank running in his race. Where on earth did it go? And why? What mysterious confluence of events would cause a photo that was formerly appearing just as it should, just where it should, to go poof and vanish into the thin and malodorous cyberspace air? I swear, anyone who can explain this to me will be eligible for a fabulous prize. (OK, only fabulous if you're into string and such, but still. A prize is a prize.)

Well. (If you imagine I'm saying that in a quite huffy tone of voice, you would be right.)

I have to say, posting pictures on this blogbeast is a pain in the rear. I'm not sure if it's the kludgy blog itself or whether it's a bandwidth issue, but it takes forever and often as not once I finally get something uploaded, it disappears. Grrrr.

Does anyone else, when dealing with blog woes, catch the faintest whiff of sulphur?

Anyway. I posted the Frank pic again. Isn't he cute? If he's not here when you look at this entry, it's not my fault.

In other news, well, hell, sistahs, there really isn't any. I managed two rows on the
Bohus today before my hands finked out. I really just need to put it aside for a couple of days.

Started a pair of Monkey socks last night - which, btw, is one of the most fun sock patterns I've ever come across. Cookie A is, in my most humble opinion, the best sock pattern designer out there. It's one of my small ambitions to track down every sock pattern the woman has ever written and stash them away, just in case they ever go out of print.

Monkey makes a decent travelling sock - it's an easily memorized pattern. But I'm torn about what to do for my next home socks. Twisted Flower, maybe. I love the German Stockings, too. So many wonderful socks, so little time to knit before I lose all sensation in my arms... Sigh...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I think there are blog Fairies that come in the night and take pictures of things they like. They have a few of mine.

Lisa said...

Evil blog trolls, maybe.

They're probably cousins to the evil dpn trolls who come out at night and steal ONE dpn from the set, leaving me with approximately eighteen gajillion mismatched No. 1 sock needles. ;-)