Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

It's here! Wild Apple is here! O frabjuous day!

The post office guy actually called and told me when it came in (I love that guy). I raced down, got there exactly three minutes before they closed, and ripped into that package like a weasel rips through chicken wire.

Dudes. What can I tell you. The pictures I posted? They don't even come close to capturing the the real thing. The colors are ... well... I'm having trouble coming up with a word that isn't totally hackneyed. If you could melt down emeralds and rubies and all sorts of precious brilliant stones and turn them into meltingly soft yarn, this Bohus is what you'd have.

I am so not worthy of owning something this beautiful. Well, I guess the fact that I have a working Mastercard makes me worthy enough, but still... I am not worthy.

Gotta go. Much ogling and fondling to be done.

2 comments:

BertandFelix said...

Oh my gosh! I am so jealous! I mean green with jealousy thing going on. You got your kit on a Friday even!

Solveig emailed today. My kit was sent out 2 days ago...so I should get it sometime next week. She sent it to work so you know I will be buggin' the mail room guys. LOL.

Perhaps we should do a little wild apple knit-a-long?

Lisa said...

Oh, what a great idea! I would go for that in a hot second. It took a supreme effort of will to not get the needles clickin' the second I tore open the box.

The problem is I really have to do Blue Shimmer first. My hubby was so wonderful to get Shimmer for my birthday, I don't want him to feel like I'm ignoring his present.

(There is, of course, a bit of enlightened self interest in this - if he thinks I don't like the Bohus he got me, he probably won't ever get me another one. This Is Not What We Want.)

However, I could do WA and Shimmer at the same time. Lord knows I'm not shy about having more than one project on the needles at once.

As I recall from your blog, you've got a couple of kits in addition to WA, right? Maybe we could do a Double Dipper Bo' Bash Knitalong - whaddaya think?