Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bad people. Just bad.

Can I talk for a moment about Webs?

Webs is.... hmmm. How can I describe it? For starters, I'm pretty sure it's the exact center of the yarnish universe. It's huge. And it has EVERYTHING. If it's not at Webs, it doesn't exist. And I'm pretty sure they have some sort of subliminal mood control spray or something 'cause the place plays merry hell with my torturously built-up immunity to most commercially spun yarn. Believe this: If you go in with the intention of spending $10, you will walk out having spent $100. You have been warned.

They even have their own exclusive yarns. Let's talk about the 2/14 laceweight alpaca silk on cones.

Now, on the list of Webs Crimes Against Me, development of this yarn ranks very very high. Why on earth did they come out with such a luscious, irresisitible yarn? Surely they know I am powerless to resist. It's one of the more wonderful weaving yarns I've come across and if I decide to stop dithering and take the plunge on MS3, the alpaca silk is what will be used.

It has recently come to my attention that they have introduced new colors. There's a picture of one of them, Raspberry, up top, swiped from their web site. I have all the old colors and thought my life was good. Now I know that is just not true and that my life is really shit and that it will continue to be so until I have in my possession at least one cone apiece of all the new colors.

Someone must stop these people before they do this again.

No comments: