Friday, August 17, 2007

Gulp

The steek class is this weekend. Pass the Scotch, please.

Spent all day yesterday dyeing a new batch of yarn for Susan. I wanted to dye a bunch more, so I'd have a little reserve for surprise Susan orders, some to put on Etsy and some to take to another LYS that has expressed interest in carrying it, but I've been having issues with my supplier. As in, the base yarn I use is constantly on back order. Grrrr.

I put in a gi-normous order a week or so ago but they can't tell me if it will be available next week or next month. Or six months from now. This is irritating. I'd switch suppliers, but the base yarn is soooo nice... soft, springy, bouncy, elastic, but with a high twist so it wears well. It truly is a Most Excellent Sock Yarn.

I haven't found an equivalent, and there's no way I'd be happy with using something lesser, so I guess I'll just have to grit my teeth and wait.

I reserve the right to whine and complain bitterly.

No comments: