Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Danger, severe cuteness

Still life, Cat in Bowl.


Don't be fooled by what looks like a gentle, kind wee beastie. She's merely taking a break from her vicious homicidal mass-murdering days of blood and glory. You wouldn't believe the recent body count. She leaves grisly little tokens for us on the front deck - a spleen here, a foreleg there. I have to watch my step every time I leave the house.
Recently I was interested to discover three, count 'em three, tails on the steps. Nothing else. Just tails. What am I to infer from this? Is it a gift, or a warning? Am I to believe she regards us in a benevolent light... or should I be grateful that she is not just a wee bit bigger?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Absolutely right you are, I believe our cats would eat us if they were big enough! But what a cuuuute picture.

Helen said...

I've had your cat on my desktop for a few days now and I can't help feeling that she's about to say something. But maybe she's just thinking about something small and fat and furry.

Lisa said...

She's not fussy. Something small and fat and feathered would do just fine ;-)

My current theory is that she's mad and is taking out her anger on anything that gets in her way.

We have a new kitten. She hates it. I think she's killing everything in her path to display her wrath over us bringing this fiendish little brat cat into the house.

Happily Knit said...

That is adorable. It just can't be comfortable though! Cats are so funny...