Friday, September 28, 2007

Blah day

Saturday and Sunday are the Susanna Hansson classes down at Webs. I am a mite perturbed. One of the classes requires a piddling little twenty minutes of pre-class homework. Not a problem... but it needs to be done in Cascade 220, color 8010 (off white)... which has proven unavailable at all four of the LYSs within an hours' drive.

It is indeed annoying. This is an ubiquitous yarn, one of the most common elements in the known fiber universe. Isn't it some kind of licensing requirement to have scads in stock? I'm quite sure there is a regulation buried deep in the bowels of some massive federal agency that says if you own a yarn store, you must carry Cascade 220.

I'm going to have to improvise. Which puts a crimp in my plan to behave myself. I was at least hoping to enter the class fully prepared.

I had planned on disguising myself as Teacher's Pet, Good Student, maybe even Potential Honor Roll. No doubt I would have revealed my true self in short order - that disguise would not have held for long - but still. Leave me my little fantasies, OK?

I must now fume and figure out what to do.

1 comment:

BertandFelix said...

How was the class? I took her class a couple of years ago.